Contact Island Vein Specialists in Long Island, NY
Treating Varicose Veins on Long Island, NY
Varicose and spider veins can cause many problems for patients. Not only does their appearance make you self-conscious, they can also be painful. At Island Vein Specialists, we’re here to treat both spider and varicose veins at our Long Island, NY location. We offer numerous treatment options to meet the unique needs of every patient. Our doctor will work with you to determine which treatment is best for your case and then perform the necessary treatment to remove or reduce the appearance of your varicose or spider veins. Contact us via the form on this page to learn more about our treatment options or to schedule an appointment.
Effective Treatments for Spider & Varicose Veins
At Island Vein Specialists, we offer varicose treatments as well as treatments for spider vein reduction. Our varicose specialist knows the best methods to use in your specific case in order to produce the best results. Let our team help you find the right solution to end the pain and discomfort of your varicose or spider veins. We perform all of the following procedures at our vein treatment center in Long Island, NY:
- Endovenous Laser Ablation: This treatment is used for varicose veins that are very deep and are beginning to cause pain. Using a powerful laser, this technique reaches deep damaged veins, breaking them down and closing them to stop blood flow.
- Ambulatory Phlebectomy: This treatment option is a vein surgery that removes unwanted varicose veins through small incisions. It is a minimally-invasive, outpatient procedure that produces minimal discomfort due to the small size of the incisions. Once performed, the procedure will have completely removed the damaged vein.
- ASVAL Treatment: Our doctor is the first to perform this innovative treatment in the United States. The treatment uses acupuncture needles to streamline the process of varicose vein removal, which helps to reduce the possibility of staining after the procedure.
- Sclerotherapy: This treatment is the simplest of our options and is used for spider vein treatment. The procedure uses an injection of the chemical sclerosant to shut down the damaged vein and stop any further blood flow to the area.
Meet Our Vein Surgeon in Long Island, NY
The vein surgeon at our Long Island, NY vein clinic, Dr. John F. Gallagher, has more than 30 years of experience performing general and vascular surgery. He treats all kinds of venous diseases and other venous conditions, like varicose veins and spider veins. His focus is always on helping his patients, helping them find both cosmetic and therapeutic benefits from his treatments. You can count on Dr. Gallagher to recommend the appropriate treatment for your needs and perform it with skill to produce the best results.
Schedule a Consultation
At Island Vein Specialists, we understand how the appearance of varicose and spider veins can affect your life. Not only do the bulging discolored veins cause you discomfort, they also cause embarrassment. Many patients find themselves wearing clothing to specifically cover the area, so it doesn’t show. We don’t want our patients to live like that anymore. Our treatments are designed to eliminate this problem, so you can feel comfortable wearing whatever you like. Please contact us today to schedule an appointment.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Board Certified
- Personalized Attention
- Over 30 Years of Experience
- General and Vascular Surgeon
- Revolutionary Technique Using Acupuncture Needles