Meet the Doctor on Long Island, NY
For over 30 years, Dr. John F. Gallagher has been practicing General and Vascular Surgery, including patient care, resident training and clinical research. He is a Board Certified General and Vascular Surgeon, as well as past President of the Eastern Long Island Chapter of the American College of Surgeons. For over 15 years, he served as the Director of Surgery at Southside Hospital in Bay Shore.
Dr. Gallagher has narrowed down his concentration over the past few years to the treatment of all kinds of venous disease. He now conducts seminars and on-site training for physicians interested in venous disease, along with a clinical study comparing the efficiency of laser and sclerotherapy for the treatment of spider veins.
He focuses strongly on both the cosmetic benefits of vein treatment, as well as the therapeutic benefits.
- MD: University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
- Residency: New York Hospital, Cornell University Medical Center, General Surgery
- Fellowships: Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, Vascular Surgery
- Diplomate: American Board of Surgery
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Boarded: American Board of Surgery
Dr. Gallagher belongs to the following medical societies:
- American College of Phlebology
- American College of Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American Venous Forum
- Society of Vascular Sugery
- Suffolk County Medical Society
What Sets Us Apart?
- Board Certified
- Personalized Attention
- Over 30 Years of Experience
- General and Vascular Surgeon
- Revolutionary Technique Using Acupuncture Needles