Vein Treatment Services in Long Island, NY
Innovative Techniques and Decades of Experience
The staff at Island Vein Specialists is here to help relieve your discomfort and have you walk out after your treatment feeling great. Varicose veins and spider veins can be painful, unsightly, and affect your quality of life. With over 30 years of experience, Dr. John Gallagher has chosen to focus on this area to provide specialized care for his patients and unparalleled treatment plans.
Dr. John Gallagher’s focuses include:
- Varicose vein surgery: Dr. Gallagher is trained in a number of approaches to addressing varicose veins. Over the past year, Dr. Gallagher has developed a new technique for performing an Ambulatory Phlebectomy; through the use of acupuncture needles to stabilize your varicose veins, he has eliminated the need to perform incisions to remove the veins. He is also equipped to deliver Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLT), as well as the Venefit Procedure.
- Spider vein removal: While spider veins may be seen as a purely cosmetic issue, many patients of any age can suffer symptoms including aching, itching, or burning. Dr. Gallagher offers multiple treatments for spider veins, including sclerotherapy and laser therapy. Sclerotherapy can be considered a “lunch time” appointment, after which you can return to work immediately!
- ASVAL treatments: The first surgeon to perform this procedure in the United States, Dr. Gallagher developed this unique technology that can only be found at Island Vein Specialists. With this cutting edge method, there is no down time, allowing you to return to normal activities in your life the very next day. In most cases, the procedure is covered by your insurance companies.
Don’t Wait to Feel Great
Untreated, varicose veins can worsen and complicate into venous leg ulcers. Many procedures at Island Vein Specialists can have you resuming normal activities within as little as a day. Dr. Gallagher’s decades of experience are available to help you return to comfort and a youthful appearance. Call to schedule your appointment with Island Vein Specialists today at (631) 482-9800.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Board Certified
- Personalized Attention
- Over 30 Years of Experience
- General and Vascular Surgeon
- Revolutionary Technique Using Acupuncture Needles